It’s important to work with a bilingual lawyer if you have suffered an injury or a car accident and either party, the driver or yourself, the victim, speaks English as a second language. The damage and trauma caused by an accident based on the carelessness or negligence of another can be overwhelming. And trying to navigate the legal field can be more stressful. If language is a further barrier to smooth communication, the situation can be even more of a struggle.
The Benefits of a Bilingual Attorney
Whatever type of personal injury you have experienced, hiring a bilingual attorney can help your case significantly, even if English is your first language. An attorney who can easily understand and communicate with any witnesses and all other parties involved gives your case the highest chance of success.
For those who speak Spanish as their first language, having a bilingual attorney provides many advantages.
- Bilingual attornies have experience assessing and resolving any language barriers
- Can communicate directly with you about the case and legal proceedings
- Eliminates any concerns over translation errors
- Ensures you get the representation you deserve and that you fully understand case details and proceedings
- Can understand the extent of your injuries and concerns
- Can help any non-English speaking witnesses respond to inquiries
- Ensures the questions asked of your witnesses are conveyed clearly and accurately
- Can help communication flow and avoid confusion
- Ensures you are portrayed in court the way you intend