After a motorcycle accident
If you or a loved one suffer in a motorcycle accident, there are immediate steps you should take, when possible:
1. Seek medical care: Your health is the most crucial issue. Seek medical care as quickly as possible by calling 911 for emergency services.
2. Speak to the police, but deal only in facts: For law enforcement, you want to provide as much factual information as possible – but stick to the facts and never admit fault.
3. Gather evidence: Photographs of the damage, street conditions, and the positions of the vehicles can be critical evidence in your case, so obtain as much as possible.
4. Speak to witnesses: Anyone who witnessed the accident can provide valuable testimony, so gather names and contact information.
5. See a doctor: If your injuries are mild, and not so severe as to warrant transportation to the ER, see a doctor to evaluate your condition. Get them to do a full checkup, as you may have hidden injuries that are masked by shock. Some head injuries do not involve pain but can be fatal if not treated immediately.
6. Consult with an attorney: Navigating the process of filing an insurance claim or lawsuit can be overwhelming, and you need legal help. At Rodriguez Law Firm, we offer free, no-obligation consultations and are available 24/7 to help you make it through this traumatic, challenging time.